I had my first ever yard sale today. Besides the hot weather and no breeze, it was great. We sold a majority of our stuff. There were three girls in on it and we each made about $70! Awesome!
I could only do this once a year. And I would want it to be on a cooler day, if possible. I hadn't been that sweaty and dirty in a loong time.
I did learn a few things. Watch who you sell what to. Don't sell a full size bed to a lady with a mini-van. The box-springs don't fit and you will have to tie it to the roof of her car, only to have her drive around the block, come back, and deposit the box springs in your front yard. She said someone would pick them up in an hour (1:30 PM) It's now 12:04 AM and the box-spring is still there!
Other than that, we had no obstacles except for the weather. It was soooo hot! While drinking vodka and tab in the middle of the day sounds like a good idea - it's probably not the best idea. It sure peps a person up though. Mary says it makes her feel like a princess. It just makes me feel fantastic, princess - not so much, but fantastic, YES!
After the day, I would say that I would do this again, but only once a year. AND I would definitely not drink till 2:30 AM the night before and be up by six AM and at Walmart at 6:20AM the morning of - but that's just future advice. On that note - I better go to bed before I fall asleep typing - it's been a long last two days. Sleep is much needed!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
glad you made some money! i always want to have a yardsale, but i'm too lazy to go through the torturing process, so i just end up donating it all.
Holy crap! The picture that paints for me! Priceless...
:-)
Post a Comment