BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Smokey Mountains - Tuesday

This morning we packed up and headed for the mountains....

We went at just the perfect time. Our first visit was to an informational building. It had a museum, a theatre with an informational video and park rangers to help you out. I decided at this place that it's a possibility that I could marry a park ranger and live in one of America's great national parks. There are some cute park rangers. Anyhow, we decided our destination would be the Clineman's Tower (?). Anyway it's the 3rd highest place in the eastern US. We got there, made the LONG climb up and finally made it to the tower part and climbed up it. It was absolutely beautiful. Breathtaking scenery. I have pictures - but someone forgot to pack the cord that allows the pictures to go from the camera to the computer. Shame on whomever packed me. I was really looking forward to posting photos with my blogs.
Anyway, a minute into our decent we come across a trail marker that says Appalachian Trail. I look at the map and deduce that we can take it and end up in the same place while not travelling the road most taken. So we do. It was quite the hike, a lot of rocks and slippery places. Shannon fell, but she's okay - that was our only crisis on the trail. A few miles later we ended up right in the parking lot we needed to be! The pics are going to be awesome - anyone know where the Radio Shack is in Pigeon Forge, TN???? We had a great picnic lunch. I had bought some cold fried chicken to bring along and some chips. It was YUM-O!
Anyway - I'm just chillin' now. It's Andrew's (Shannon's boyfriend) night to cook and I heard it was going to be something mexican.

Update on the house situation - They agreed to everything I asked for on the offer, but wanted 900 bucks more. I went ahead and agreed to that, because it's still not a bad deal. I'm going to be a homeowner soon! If everything goes through the way it is supposed to, and so far it has, I will have the keys on July 23rd. :D

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

how exciting on the house deal. which one did you decide on?

your trip is sounding really fun so far. who all did you go with? Is it really hot there? just wondering b/c i'm thinking i would NOT want to hike in the heat. i went for a walk at 10 a.m. and thought i was going to roast to death. emmarie is getting up later and later and it makes our walks later and later. we may have to go in the evening and fight with the bugs instead.

bonnie said...

yes, it is hot. The hike was okay - too up hill - but I made it and am alive. It reminded me of how out of shape I am.