BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

the drivel that spews

So. I'm out of touch because I went out of town, came back and worked a new job, and have now convinced myself that I am sick.

Friday - Friday night I spent out with friends. I went to the Slavic Festival in Sugar Creek. Sugar Creek is always guaranteed a good people watching time. It's not that the people are any different - they are just something else. Kansas City is funny that way. Very predictable. If I go to a festival in Lee's Summit, I'm going to see families, mostly white. If I go to something down at Crown Center, I'm going to see all kinds of people, very diversified! Sugar Creek, you get your 'white trash' people who live in Independence but have formed this sort of militia and called it Sugar Creek. They have their own police and everything. Moving on - the first thing I do at this festival is use the facilities. Porta-potties - love 'em! (not). Anyway, it was a little dark in there and of course I didn't notice that the lid was down (since when do porta potties have lids? Of course I'd already started my business (#1) and in the struggle of all things, I ended up doing some business on my pants. I thought we were going to have to leave. But my friend said that you couldn't see it and so we got me a beer STAT and went on about the night. Which ended up being a really good time!

Saturday - Went to Columbia to see my brother. Good times. Drank too much of course. The best part of the trip was that I got to visit with A and J and see their kiddo D. I miss you guys!

Sunday - Trained for my new job. Here's how this went down. I got a call on Friday that they would like me to train on Sunday. Then I had to ask at the end of the convo, 'when do I come in?' (Funny lady forgot to tell me) She said, "Around 12:30." So I got to PB (Premiere Beauty) and the girl behind the counter was like, "I didn't know whether you were coming in." HUH. It was 12:30 on the dot. HUH.
There were no papers to sign, no W2's to fill out, no manager to train me. I was to stand behind here and have this girl train me for the next SIX hours. Yes, 6 hours. You read that right. Let's run this down: I'm hungover, go into work, stand for 6 hours straight and listen to a girl that takes her job WAY to seriously. When I left at 6:30 I never wanted to go back. I had to go back in on Monday for some product training (everyone had to) and so I bought some stuff just to show myself that this job was worth it. My next day is Thursday. God help me. I'm giving it two weeks and if I still think it sucks and it's more trouble than it's worth - I'm out.

And now it's Tuesday - I went and looked at houses today and found 2 more to put in on my top few. One I really liked. So the house hunt is looking up!

Cheers.

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

sounds like you had a great time, minus the whole working deal. hopefully it will get better!

bonnie said...

i was just not impressed with the lack of professionalism the whole company shows. i go in again on thursday and i think i'm going to have a whole different attitude and maybe that will make the difference.