So I finally decided to get out of the house today. I decided to go to the gym and do the hard workout for this program I'm doing. I get in my car and here comes a bike cop.
Inner monologue: hmm...I wonder why there's cops on bikes in my neighborhood. I didn't even think they came that far south. Didn't I meet a bike cop once..I wish I could remember. Glance in review after he passes. Now he's doing circles, maybe he wants to talk to me, maybe he saw how I was going to go work out and was impressed...
Okay, so I move on and start toward the gym. In my review mirror I see these bike cops. Now, I'm not paranoid enough to think they are following me, but after two turns I think they are following me. But I just keep on my merry way. Then there's a squad car behind me. [Yeah.] So he pulls me over. (I KNOW!!) He comes up to the car with his hand on his gun. Maybe they have to do that sort of thing now, but it was scary. He asks for my license. I am soooo confused at this point. And then he asks, "Have you ever been arrested before?" [WHAT THE F@#$????] Of course I screwed up my face and was like 'NO'. Then one of the bike cops show up and says the others coming. The car cop asks me, "Did you see the cop on the bike try to get your attention?" I replied, "no, I saw him when I got in my car in front of my house but he went right past me." He probes, "What's your address?" So I tell him, it's not the same one on my drivers license...so I explain that. The other bike cop shows up. I apologize for not realizing they were really trying to get my attention. The car cop says, "It's okay, ma'am, they were there because someone broke into the house behind yours." I was like, OH. And then they let me go.
Only me. Only me.
BTW - I did go on to the gym and do my hard workout.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
OMG, OMG, that would have totally freaked me out! it's also scary that someone broke into a house nearby...so when are you moving?
Not sure when I'm moving, but unfortunately - the breaking in is not rare in these parts. I don't live in the 'hood or anything - but...I do go look at houses tomorrow and will probably put a contract in on one of the houses I already know I like! Can't wait!
good luck girl!i know this part is stressful, but it will feel so good when you come home to a place that you know is just that...your home.
Not that I am laughing at you, but I laughed so hard when I read this. I can hear you saying it! Yes, you met a bike cop once - his name is Monte. Remember!?! I think Jason introduced you to him. BTW: He is still a cop in KC.
Post a Comment