So, I have this old friend from high school and post undergrad. We were very close and still to this day have that sort of instant 'click'. He's an amazing man, I didn't realize this till after we went our separate ways. Recently, he contacted me to talk about a personal situation. I was honored and excited. Excited for the opportunity to be friends again. Excited to get to know each other again. Excited to have another person to explore and adventure with. We talked a few times, went to lunch and then...he really hasn't contacted me again. He's sent me a few emails in reply to emails I sent him.
Analysis of lunch:
The lunch was good. I was nervous and reflective. He was forthright and open. There were lulls in our conversation - I didn't think they were awkward (remember I was feeling reflective). We smiled and laughed. I would have rather had his lunch, than mine (normalities). He hugged me at the end.
Anyway - I can't figure out why it was important that we talk and then he dropped it. Which sucks because, I want to be there for him, and I was really excited about our renewed friendship - that now, looks doomed to be lost.
Sometimes, this is all I think about. Is it obvious I have a lot of time on my hands right now?
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
i have friendships that are this same way. the more it happens the more akward it is for me. i let these types of situations bother for me long periods of time! maybe he's just been busy. if it means that much, have you tried contacting him first? have you tried askin what the heck is up?
I totally have contacted him, I won't give up on him...it has just really been on my mind.
well, from what i've learned...i've experienced this same thing with two really good friendships...they weren't nearly as upset as i and thought it was strange that iwould even feel that way. made me feel obsessive and so i finally gave it up and now it is just akward anytime i talk to these two people.
i hope you have better luck. i fought hard to keep the friendships alive and strong and finally decided it was lonely being the only one on that two-way street!
Post a Comment