alone
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from al all + one one
1 : separated from others : ISOLATED
2 : exclusive of anyone or anything else : ONLY
3 a : considered without reference to any other
As I delve into this house buying expedition, I feel more and more alone. As in the 1st definition. I feel more and more like it doesn't feel right, or I don't want to do it-alone. I have no qualms about the fact that I can do it. I can afford it. I can swing it. But, I don't want to. I don't want to buy a house on my own. I don't want to go through this entire process by myself. Am I being a baby? Maybe. Am I being selfish? Of course, we're talking about me being alone here...
The funny thing about the word alone is that it comes from two words; all and one. All has the connotation of many, lots and One is simply that, 1.
Anyway - I'm not trying to throw a pity party (my parties are usually much bigger) I just wanted to get out some frustrations I'm having at this moment.
As she stomped around her rented house, sweating, arms folded, she huffed "I don't want to buy a house. I just don't."
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
5 comments:
if you don't want to buy a house then don't girl. it is a big move. the paperwork terrified me. i was always scared i was getting screwed over somehow. i asked a lot of questions and i think the closing people and loan people were sick of me. but now that i have my home...i love it! there is nothing better than being at home. and knowing that it is mine. my house is small and 30 years old, but i love it. a lot of great things have happened in this tiny place of mine and that makes it worth every cent.
It's better for me in the long run to buy one...I'm feeling better now, but I still feel like this mortgage guy is reeling me in...but maybe it's all his talkiness. I'm feeling better today than I was earlier or last night.
You could move to Columbia.
i vote for springfield, better yet, you could buy a home in all 3 places!
Both of you have an extra room right? I'll just move some stuff in and stay with each of you for a while and move into a friends room up here in KC as well - that would be the life.
Post a Comment