BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 07, 2007

wrap your head around this...

One of the most amazing things about buying a house for me is the fact that I have to make this decision on my own. I am totally deciding what house I want, what house suits me best, etc. It's really intimidating. It's hard sometimes to make a decision about dinner. So making a decision about what house to buy....yowzers.

I went and looked at 4 houses today. One of them was a house I'd already seen and liked. I still really like it more than any others. Although, some of the other houses have more to offer, such as a garage. I guess what stands out about the house I really like is that I can see myself in it and I really like where it's at. Some of the houses offer a lot, but I don't so much like where they are.

One of the houses has an attached garage, huge yard and back deck. But needs siding, new windows and carpet. If I could afford those things and did re-do it, it would be worth so much more money.

Another house, everything was cute - pretty small. Detached garage, nice porch. But I don't know...I didn't get the same feeling as I do with the Sleepy Hollow house (that's the one I really like and will refer to it as such from now on).

So I'm feeling overwhelmed. And I have to go look at more houses - so the pot will be more full of choices. Will I keep coming back to the Sleepy Hollow house, or will I actually find something that I like more? I do know I'm very attracted to houses that have been kept up and that seem to be new on the inside. I also like new windows. It's almost a must for me to have new windows. (probably because the house I live in now has windows from like that 1930's, originals.)

Anyway - I just want to keep track of the houses I go see and the feelings I have. I mainly am doing this for the friends that will come after me, so they can see what it's like to buy a house. But also for me, so when all is said and done with I have a record of all the stress it was to get to that place.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Go with your gut and can re-sell it easily.