BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 29, 2007

Wed/Thurs

Wednesday

Today I finally felt the pain of sleeping on a pull out couch. My lower back hurt when I tumbled out of bed. I hobbled around for an hour or so. We decided to go White Water Rafting today. I was all about it, but not overly excited – in my rafting experience, it’s never as exciting as you think it’s going to be. It’s very comparable to floating in MO, but on a big raft. And I was right. That is exactly how it was. Parts of it we’re fun and exciting, but the rest was just rolling along on a big raft with a weird helmet on and a paddle in my hand sitting on the side of a blow up boat. Regardless it was fun, someday I’d like to go to a level 4-5, or 5-6 river and try that with some experienced people, I think I would be pretty good at this sport.

Thursday.

Today is exciting because I get to go lay by the pool, and get some sun on my legs. We are also going out to eat! I’m very excited. I don’t know that we’ll go where I want to go (Smokey Mountain Brewery) but regardless, it’ll be a good time.

Well, we did end up going to the Brewery - which was fantastic. The food was great and not so expensive. I had a 5 oz. off all their beers on tap - they had 8. They were all pretty good beers. Everyone else really liked their light beer - had absolutely no aftertaste. I really liked their Pale Ale. It was smoothe and bitter.
AND now for my soapbox- pub mats or coasters are important. Generally when a beer or beverage is brought to you it is in a cold glass and it sweats. So they are important to soak up the sweat, if you will. Sometimes the bartender is busy or absentminded and overpours the beer, getting the glass all wet. Also another reason for the pub mat. It would help soak up the beer coming down the side of your glass. It also would help if the waiter would wipe it off a little. Now, I'm not trying to blame anyone for me spilling the almost entirety of my pint of beer all over the table and friends last night. But I know in my heart, that if I would have had a pub mat-that the beer never would have spilled.

I also got some fantastic pics of myself - it's on someone elses camera - but I'll get them, they are really great! Which you all know I don't say that often.

Update on the house - well...I've spent $12 in faxing now. I'm getting the house for 89,900 with everything I wanted fixed and done and a home warrenty.
I'll try to find a link to it so I can post it on here and you can check it out. It's a little two bedroom, stucco in a nice neighborhood.

0 comments: