BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Inspection....

The inspection:

Well, as any 70 + year old house there are problems. And big ones. Here's the ones that pop out at me:

1). The electric service feeder wire is too low. It's about 7 feet, and needs to be minimum of 10 feet.
2). The wire from the house to the pole appears to be 60 AMP wire not the required 100AMP. The Main Breaker is 100AMPS. The wire will catch on fire before it trips the main breaker.
3). The AC unit is not cooling.
4). Gutters are leaking in rear of house and missing in the front. Trees are growing out of the gutters.
5). There is a hole in the attic on North side approx. 4 inches with no cover-perfect for birds, squirrels & other critters to enter attic.

That's just a sprinkling of the things in my inspection report. My realtor sent back an unacceptable conditions sheet to the seller's realtor and added 1-3 of the above onto the contract. The gutters were already in the contract. The hole isn't, but I figured I can fix that somehow, right when I move in.

We haven't heard from the seller's realtor yet about my additions. But my realtor sent me new listings - so much for optimism.

It's such an emotional roller coaster. I won't know how to feel until the seller gets back to my realtor. Everything so far has worked out - maybe this will to and he'll fix everything and get the house off his hands. I don't think he'll find a buyer without fixing it. In the meantime - I've got to figure out whether I tell my landlord - or don't tell my landlord. I have no idea of when I'll be moving. I don't want to pay for a full month, if I'm not going to be here. I don't have the money to pay for a full month, so if I am going to have to - I have to find some. You'd think since I've got that second job that I would have some money coming in - but I haven't been paid for my salon job yet - and am not sure when I will. NO one can give me straight answers. AND when I complained, they just said, well think of it this way - when you do get paid, it'll be a nice paycheck - yes...and a little too late.
So anyway - I'm spending Sunday with my dog. I'm not really in the mood to deal with people or get dressed to do anything. So I figured Maggie and I could clean up the house and go on a walk...stuff like that.

1 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

oh shoot girl, i'm sorry. but hey, better to find these things out now instead of after you moved in. we just replaced our furnace and AC in our home (30 years old) and it cost us $3000. That stuff is not cheap!