BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Viva la Mexico

I'm getting gosh darn excited about this trip. The best aspect of it is not the traveling out of town or the friends I'll be with, but the 7 days without working. Many of you know I work my full time and the do the part time at the salon. I work usually 6 full days a week. It all wears on a person and by right now, I am ready to just not work. I think I'd be just as happy to stay home for this next week and lay in bed all day as I am getting out of the states. Funny isn't it.

Many people are envious of my life style, and well they should be. As a single person I get to do, go and be whenever I want. I control my money and my spending. I also get to be spontaneous. And I love it. I have absolutely no complaints. However, I think it's important for you to know that I am also envious of you, of your partnership with someone. Of your ability to make decisions with someone. Always having someone there. Having a 2 paycheck family (while I know it's not enough, ever - it'd be much nicer to have two than 1). So, as far as I'm concerned we are all even. You are envious of my single rock-n-roll lifestyle, and I am envious of your co-habitating kids eat free lifestyle.

That being said - I have 43 hours till I get on a plane and sit on a beach for an entire week.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Well played - have fun!!!

Stacy said...

Have fun and Happy Birthday!

Kodi Logan said...

You know, I'm glad you mentioned that we are even...b/c each time I type that I am envious of you, I feel bad for even saying it. But I have to be honest. I had my time in life to do the things you do, but I chose not to. I was such a boring person in my single days. I don't have regrets though...life isn't over yet. I still have big plans to travel. I'm perfectly content with my life as is...but heck, who wouldn't want to go to Mexico for a week with a bunch of girlfriends? :) Have a great time!