It is definitely time to take a break from bars and drinking. With all the negative thoughts I've been having since turning 31, drinking is probably the last thing I need to do. However, it seems it's the first thing I set out to do. It's been a long time (years) where I actually went out to get drunk - drinking purposefully. That is what I have done this week (minus monday night when I went to see Cowboy Junkies) but every other night I went out this week (Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - no I don't have a problem....) it was purposeful drinking. Sunday didn't start out like that, it just turned into it. So it's time to take a break. I really need to focus on something else other than having my 'midwestern reality check breakdown'. It's really getting to me and I feel that I might crack up - some might think I already have.
Anyway, I figured I'd start going to the gym again this week. I've promised myself, no bars for a while. I'm going to miss out on some things, but I obviously can't handle it until I get it all under control again and feel better. We are also giving the MAP at school this week (the big test) and I am the token person that gives it to long term suspension students after school. So I hope to be busy and not have much down time to sit and think about this breakdown that I feel like is about to hit bottom.
BTW - I do have the best friends. I got home safe last night because of one of them. All the while I was being a total jerk (seems to happen when the Steen children drink sometimes). He doesn't deserve to be projected on (human behavior - sometimes we project our problems on others, or in drinking, or drugs, or etc.). Only once have I lost a friend from it (drunk jerkiness) and I hope that it doesn't happen again.
I hope everyone has a good week!!! Think positive thoughts!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
It's funny you know... I met up with a friend from school the other day for lunch and was filling her in on everyone from school, including you and she said she definitely needed to let you know that still being single is much better than being twice divorced. Thought it was a refreshing perspective for you to hear.
I am glad that you are taking a break from drinking as it will only depress you more right now and exercising should help pump you right up emotionally, as will the weather if it will ever stay nice for an extended period.
Why don't you start posting happy moments or gratefuls every day? It really helps me when I am down. Sometimes I think in the moment, THIS is the moment I will write about, even if it is something trivial. I hope YOU have a great week!
Sorry about that delete, had a bit of a mess up...
Post a Comment