BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break 2008 - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

It sucked. JUST KIDDING! It was awesome, and I have all the pics to prove it. It was very beautiful. The weather was perfect. I relaxed and laid on the beach like it was my job! It was absolutely the vacation I was looking for. I don't think my words can do it justice, so here's the vaca in pics:



We got checked into our hotel and this was the view that was waiting for us. I thought I was in heaven.


The first night we ate at a beautiful Mexican restaurant and incidentally it was the only one we ate at that had a Mariachi band. I loved it.


Full group pic.


Did you know they don't celebrate St. Paddy's in Mexico??? I really thought it was a world wide event, but evidently not. The attention was nice though.


If you look closely - in the middle of the picture - there is a lizard, native to the area. It was huge and a treat to see it in it's habitat rather than the zoo or on nat geo.



This is the Marina. Lots of VERY EXPENSIVE boats (like yachts) housed here. Also, lots of nice restaurants. All the housing in this area is generally owned by outsiders (rich Americans).


This was the group that went on what become our best night out. We just walked over to the Marina and ate at a place called Fajita Banana (which had my fav dish - molcajete). We just had wanted to go out to eat, but ended up drinking mucho cervesas and trashed. It was a really funny and loud night. We truly showed our American side that night.



This is what our place looked like that we sat at everyday. I would lay on one of those green chairs and just chill. It was so nice. Doesn't it look tropical? Like something out of an add!


This was our view everyday on the beach. I was actually laying on my green chair when I took the picture. I just pretty much read, dozed, and people watched the entire day long. On occasion we'd drink a beer or a fruity drink and then lay down for a few more hours. Sometimes it would get hot and we'd have to get up and go to the pool for a quick dip, then back down to lay in the sun.


Me in the ocean.


Peeking out of the native foliage.


My birthday drink. (only one?? well...it was our last night and mis amigas were tired)


The final sunset.









I have a few more subjects about Mexico that I'm going to cover in other blogs, but for now - there is your picture montage of my vacation. Enjoy! I wished you were all there.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You look great! I am so glad you had fun.

bonnie said...

I only saw that one - and I did know that it was an iguana - I will have to change that info.

Kodi Logan said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great time! I love the photo of you taking a drink. Your eyes are so beautiful. I don't even recall you having blue eyes back in our middle school days. I notice them all the time now though. Does that count?