BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 15, 2008

The Twilight Saga...

My obsession is finally over. I have within a week, read all 4 of the books from the Twilight Saga. It was sheer obsession that kept me up way past my bed time and at home on a Saturday night. The TV wasn't turned on, nor the radio humming (I could have no distractions).
I wouldn't say that I read these books with such fierceness because they were so good....it was really more of an obsession. The chase to get to the end. They were appealling because the content was about relationships, society, and the quest to find your soulmate and then keep them. It was about survival. It was about the acceptance of all people, even mythological, living and surviving together.
I could cry now, mostly because I'm tired, but the books were really beautiful. They held my interest and still do. I'm sure I will be thinking about them for at least another week. Mostly, I will probably be thinking about how much calmer and slower my life would be if I was a vampire. I would have all sorts of time. I wouldn't have to feel so rushed or crowded with work/life.
They were totally worth all the sleeping time I lost this last week. I wish I would have read them this summer, I could have just spent a few days reading and read them all in one setting. Yes, they were that much of an obsession.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I wish we lived closer cause I want to borrow them and read them now!