BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My first coaching experience.

If this reads like an email - it's because it is. I was writing my friend in Iraq about it and decided it was exactly what I would want to put in my blog, so I just copy and pasted to save time.

Well. I coached my first real game. Even though we didn't have real refs. But I count it as a 'real' game because we played against a team from another district.

My girls we're real fired up for the first game. They were so nervous. A lot of parents showed up - many more than I thought would. That was awesome. We played three games - lost all three. But we were playing Belton - which is in NO WAY urban. They are like a edge of town farm team. Farm girls. Kids that have been playing sports all their life. So here's our final scores. We are the first score: Game 1: 21-25, Game 2: 8-25, Game 3: 21-25

They lost their umph during the second game. But that's okay. They played well the first and third. They were even ahead at one time during the third game.

The only things that bothered me a little was that the main coach bit my head off about some of my paperwork. Maybe she had a bad day or something. I just let it go. No need to bite my head off during my first actual game EVER though.

Overall, it was really fun and the girls had a good time and got some good playing time, which is all I cared about.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

That is awesome!