BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Roller coasters and other thrills

I was thinking about this while on my way home from band (Platte County Community Band) tonight. I attract relationships that are in and out/up and down like roller coasters. People feel free to come and go in my life as they please. I don't by any means mean this in a negative sense - people do what people do. But it's funny how people can come into my life and be there for a good measure and be there everyday and then somehow disappear for a while and then come back and then leave again. I don't really have a problem with this at all. It is a little disconcerting at times and with different people. I am thinking of one friend in particular (now you all are going to think it's you - it's not...I don't even think they read my blog anymore unless I tell them to). It's disconcerting with them. I want them to be there, everyday - and right now I just don't think it's possible for them or it's just too hard to keep up the communication. But while I was thinking of it, it reminded me of a roller coaster. And as I got to thinking about many of the other relationships in my life that have been meaningful, many are similar. I think I probably attract this sort of thing and then when it's time to move on - I've learned (the hard way) that you just gotta move on and appreciate what you had at the time and the new and different relationship you'll have in the future.

On a whole other tangent: I love coaching. It really gets me going. I'm very glad to have this experience. Now I feel like I need to probably go out and play/learn a sport for real. Actually know the rules and everything so I can be a better coach in the future. I don't even know what sport I would most enjoy or want to learn everything about. I'm so glad to be excited about something that is attached to my job (at least in the same building and kids that I see in the hallway on a daily basis).

3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I bet it is cool to now be able to relate with the regular ed. kids more. I don't know about you, but the regular ed kids in my building just know me as the "SPECIAL ED" teacher. It makes me understand a fraction of what my students must feel b/c I'm an outcast just for teaching it. I can't imagine what my kiddos go through.

bonnie said...

That actually started this summer when I taught reg ed. summer school - all the kiddos I've had contact with look at me different. I was that outcast until I crossed over...haha

Alicia said...

I want to see pics of your coaching uniform. Do you wear coaches shorts!?!

Just kidding you. I am glad you love it!