BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Diagnosis X

What I know:

The doc put me on steroids again methylprednisolone and so the swelling has gone way down. I'm able to do every day stuff without a lot of pain AND I'm not moaning as much. It is my third time being on these steroids so I went to the link above and realized that all the 'prescribed for' are the problems that I've been having. So I some more hope that my doctor knows what he is doing. Also, just for point of clarification - I have seen this particular doctor since I moved back from Cabool in 8th grade. So it's not just some joe schmo HMO.

As perplexing as it seems, what I have symptoms (been having) is some kind of connective tissue disease. However, in September he gave me that run of tests and I came up fine. I'll be going to see a rheumatoid arthritis specialist soon (they didn't answer their phones yesterday so I could make an appointment). I don't think my doctor has nailed it down to just that - but I guess the guy has some experience and will be able to put things together and make some sense of them. After looking at the wiki-pedia about RA, I don't think I have that. There are a slew of other connective tissue diseasesthough, and my guess is that I probably have one of them.

I also think before this is all said and done that I really should go see a allergist and have the big stick test. Just to rule all that out - and to see what I'm allergic too. The other thing that hasn't escaped me is that this all pretty much started when I moved into my house - if we want to connect it to something - it also started the day I started back to school - so we can connect it to that if you want also.

But all this boils down to my symptoms which have been: skin irritation, trouble breathing, inability to fight off cold/bronchitis (may be due to the steroids), swollen joints, and joint stiffness - all at some point in time over the last 6 months.

Now, I'm going to go and enjoy my first Saturday off in a very long time. I'll let you know what I know, when I know it. :)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That is what I was thinking. You know I was diagnosed with RA and then they told me I had it but it was not presenting. I thought it sounded a lot like some of the stuff I had. The good news is they have so much to treat it now. My first Dr told me I would live a normal life on the meds. Let us know. Call me if you want to talk. I did a TON of reach when I was diagnosed. Take care.

Stacy said...

Ok, so I immediately think: black mold. You need to have your house checked. PRONTO!