So after I applied for the self-contained position that I wanted in the Blue Springs District, I did some digging. I looked at pay scales and such and realized that I am going to have to take a pay cut any where I go. I also sat and thought, 'what do I really want?' I was kinda thinking maybe I didn't want to teach self-contained anything. I'd like to have a variety of students and do resource or class within a class kind of teaching. It would be a nice change and I could really make a difference. AND then I got an email from Blue Springs saying the position had already been filled. AND then I got a message from a co-worker saying that they are almost 100% positive they are doing away with my position at the school next year (doesn't mean I'm out of a job - don't get crazy!!). So, what this all means is that I might get to push for whatever kind of job I want next year. I know I want to keep my pay check. AND I know that I want to be able to move around a little, rather than be tied down in my classroom with the same kids. I want to be able to enforce behavior plans in the regular classroom and I want to help kids in a one on one-three setting. Finally - something that I can say to someone when they say, well what can I do for you or how can I help you or what do you want to do. AND on the 10th of March we have a planning meeting for next year where I can totally be like, AND this is what I want to do - how do we fit that in. :D Amazing how fate steps in and works it all out.
Sigh *of relief*
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Good deal. I'm looking forward to hearing how this all works for you.
That's great news! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment