It has become very clear to me that I need to send out more positive messages into the universe. Everything has really not been going my way. I've said it before, I will say it again - When it rains, it pours. And since I have been having a negative attitude, I think it has continued to pour. I've tried to change my thinking to more positive, but something else would happen or I'd lose my patience and bam - back to the negative. So I'm going to try something - I'm going to write about my day and tell what the positive of the negative was. And hopefully it will at least cancel out and the universe will stop pouring on me.
Ran late this morning - just dreading going to school. But I got there only 15 minutes late and then started working the minute I got in. I was able to take care of a kid that I had worried about earlier that morning and so all was good.
Had a rough day. But I did notice that the students really work well on worksheets (I have actually been noticing this). I'm not a worksheet kind of teacher, but I think if it would calm my class down - I would become that teacher for at least the rest of this year. I'll be giving it a try in the next few weeks. Realizing this and accepting this also made me think that my students must like to complete work, but like to have the work/tasks in front of them before they begin. So my checklist on the smartboard isn't enough. I don't think a checklist on their desk would be enough - but I'm going to try. I'll be killing more than a few trees the rest of this year.
I cried twice today - both times just because I break down. And I've noticed that when I do cry (It's quite often lately) my mantra is 'I can't do this'. I don't know if I can change that by the time I get to that point - but I know that it does make me feel better and I always talk myself into knowing that I can and have to do it. I probably need to take more breaks and that way I wouldn't get to that point.
I locked myself out of my house. Didn't freak out - went on to the gym and then to get my hair did. When I got home I didn't worry, I just kicked the door in - see a few weeks ago, somehow, my door frame cracked (weather). And so it was easy. I have Saturday off and will be able to just spend the day figuring out how to fix it.
Now I'm off to eat some dinner and see a concert/show. I hope that the universe sends me something nice. Or at least I've started to change my precipitation problem. It can surely stop raining on me anytime.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I will send you nice, positive messages.
I swear by happiest moments of each day. I think it is important to acknowledge when it happens as well, take it in and enjoy it. It can be as simple as feeling the sun on your face to a child sharing part of her lunch with you:) Try it. It helps you focus on the positive.
Post a Comment