BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Great-Full #10

Thank you for the 2010 Winter Olympics. 


I can't imagine what it is like to be an Olympian.  They have to be the most dedicated individuals to spend their lives training for 2 major events (worlds/olympics).  I am so amazed by how they mold their bodies, minds and emotions/spirits to become an Olympian.  I can't imagine what it would feel like to have that control.  But man, would I like to.  I would love to be a part of something so much bigger than myself.  I mean tremendously bigger.  Being at the Presidential Inauguration in Jan of 2008 gave me a sense of pride in our country that I had never had.  I imagine that feeling and multiply it in worldly numbers and I'm sure I would maybe understand what being an Olympian might feel like.  I really enjoyed to the fullest being a watcher of the Olympics.  I watched every night and tried to catch some of each sport.  I really enjoyed adding the Olympians to my twitter.  Most of them tweeted daily and you could almost voyeristically look into their life and what they were doing that day/moment.   (My twitter account is bonnies77)  I really felt like this will be an Olympic season to remember and I look forward to watching them again. 

1 comments:

Stacy said...

you inspire me. I need to be more appreciative especially when I am down and out the most. Thanks for helping me see that.