As an educator, citizen, and mother figure I am struggling with our education system. At first it was the No Child Left Behind initiative. Now simply, it's the lack of funding. Why aren't there more movements to change education? I am making a plan to start really looking into what our government (state first, then federal) is doing to help change education. I want to encourage you to do the same. If you haven't talked to an educator in the area where you live - please do. If you are in my district, you should know that millions in taxes were not paid last year/this year and thus the district is struggling to find 1.6 million dollars just so it can stay open for next year. This includes cutting programs, teachers, teachers aides, and administration. Also cutting the funding to departments, individual schools, and cutting summer school altogether. This has a significant impact on the children we are educating. I would assume that my district is not the only one. I would assume this is happening every where, not just in urban Kansas City.
I am outraged.
I am scared.
Twas a sheep not a lamb that strayed away
In the parable Jesus told,
A grown-up sheep that strayed away.
From the ninety and nine in the fold.
And why for the sheep should we seek
And earnestly hope and pray?
Because there is danger when sheep go wrong;
They lead the lambs astray.
Lambs will follow the sheep, you know,
Wherever the sheep may stray.
When sheep go wrong, it won’t take long
Til the lambs are as wrong as they.
And so with the sheep we earnestly plead
For the sake of the lambs today,
For when sheep are lost, what a terrible cost
The lambs will have to pay!
-C. C. Miller
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment