A week into this new paycheck - I've saved over $10 in coupons, however I managed to get a virus from one of the coupon downloads...so be careful about printing off internet coupons. I've stayed on my budget, but am already very close to the end. But that is okay! I just have to be smart about what I do, and really weigh in on decisions of things I feel the need to buy. I already notice that I started being much more aware of deals and savings. I do think that I am going to start getting the Sunday paper.
For Christmas, I gave my family 12 dinners (in the form of a calendar with fun pictures of our family). And for January, I did fish and chips. The fish did not turn out like I wanted, but I think I know how to remedy that. Part of the problem was my choice of baking pan and also my choice of baking it, rather than just frying it or at least browning it in a pan and then baking the rest of the way. I'll get it next time I make it. Oh well. They ate it up anyhow.
Tonight, I did make some delicious and wonderful. The recipe is below:
Chicken Stuffing Casserole (the weight watchers version)
Ingredients:
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken
10 oz fat free skim milk
1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 box of stuffing, chicken
10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilies, drained (rotel) *I didn't use this*
1 box frozen spinach - thawed and drained
Directions:
Cut chicken breast into cubes and cook in pan, season as you wish. Pour into 9x13 pan, sprayed with Pam. Layer spinach over chicken. Mix soup with milk, pour over chicken/spinach. Mix broth, stuffing (and rotel) and pour over soup mixture. Cook 45-60 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees F.
*I thought tomatoes in this dish sounded disgusting tonight. But I will try it some other time.
The casserole turned out warm and delicious. It was filling and I have 4 more huge helpings chilling in the freezer or fridge.
BTW - I saw Julie & Julia this weekend. What a wonderfully funny film. However, I saw UP today and it was such an awesome movie! Everyone must see it. I am sad I did not see it in the theater.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
Ah, we watched UP in 3D. It was so awesome. That movie ranks right up there with the Toy Story movies in my book. My family can't wait for Toy Story 3 this summer!
Post a Comment