So this might be a long blog. I'm going to add some pics to it as well. I just feel I have a lot to say and show today. Enjoy.
Last weekend my Aunt Peg and Uncle John came into town. It is always good to see them. They are my favs! I wish I saw them more often. I'm going to have to make conscious decisions to get up to SD more often to see my dad's side of the family. Like make it an every year thing for myself. Family is important to me, and I don't always feel like I show that or keep in touch with them the way I'd like. Anyway - more on that later, here's some pics of the famdamily!
This is me and Uncle John
Uncle John, Aunt Peg, my mom (Susan) and my dad (Earnie)
The boys - Eric (brother), Uncle John and Dad - I really like Eric's expression in this photo.
My family. We never used to have full family pics or pics other than when we were little, but now I take them any chance I get. I love the full family picture.
As I said in my blog yesterday, I went to see Ingrid Michaelson with Mary. We had a blast and even played photo shoot at the bar while we were waiting for the show to start. Here's some entertaining photos of that and the show. Kodi - she was amazing.
I love this shot. I am on a saddle and yes, I am wearing a skirt.
Bestests! It was so hot in there! Mary always carries a fan - THANK GOD! She fanned it so much it broke...but she's got like 3, so it'll be okay. We were having a really good time.
Here's Ingrid. Mary got some closer pics (her camera is better). I'm so glad to have gone - it was touching and a very good time with my bestest.
Now for the annoying deep stuff.....
So earlier I talked a little about keeping in contact with family and how I would like to do that more. Lately I've noticed A LOT of things that I'd like to 'be'. I've said in posts before that I'm not happy with the person I'm becoming and so I know I need to change it. So, I'm starting to try and do that. I know though that these are things that you kinda live into. And then one day you reflect or someone notices and you realize that you have become that person. That's how I noticed that I didn't like the person I was becoming. An old friend flew out a few weeks ago and I realized how amazing of a person she had become and that in fact she had become the essence of what she was striving to achieve when we were young. And in noticing that I noticed that I had become many of the things I had wanted to, but also many things that I did not want to - or if you can grasp this - I had become the person I wanted to be, but now have decided that I don't want to be that person. I know I just lost everyone. But I really write this post for myself, rather than the masses - so.....
Anyway - I now have a clearer picture of the person I'd like to live into being.
This is a hella long post. I hope you all made it through okay and enjoyed the pics.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
Everytime I see a pic of your mom, I smile. I have so many good memories of her...first to come my mind...that laugh, oh that laugh. I can still hear it. And don't forget the chocolate chip pancakes. No one else has ever made those for me! So, thanks for taking family photos and posting them. I love seeing them!
I think the pic of you on the saddle is the best! That is great!!!!!
I'm glad you got to go see Ingrid Michaelson. That's cool. One of the perks to living in the city, huh? Well, I'll see you on Sunday. I can't wait!
Post a Comment