I got back early on Monday from Denver/Golden Colorado. I had a great time reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones. Here's my trip in a picture montage.
This is the view from my friend, Becca's mountain house. Her house is literally on the top of a mountain. I spent a lot of time gazing out the window or sitting outside just losing myself in the landscape.
Me, Beth, and Becca at Becca's fav restaurant, Yard House. These are the friends I specifically went to CO to see. Becca lives there and Beth flew out from Oakland, CA.
One of the first places we got to go in CO was Red Rocks. It's a natural occurance that they have turned into an amphitheater. We couldn't actually go into Red Rocks at the time because they were getting set up for a band and a movie that they do like the first friday of every month or something. BUT we did get to hear the sound check of the band and that was amazing. The amphitheater is so live. The sound was so good. One of my favorite CD's from back in the day is Dave Matthews: Live at Red Rocks-it was pretty cool to actually be at the place he recorded it.
After Red Rocks, Becca took us to a big liquor store called Tipsy's. I decided I needed to show off my knowledge of beer that I have learned over the years thanks to the Morgan's. So I gave a 2 part beer class. I tried to keep mostly to CO beers, but I did go off the path a little with a few beers that I knew my friends would enjoy trying. It was really fun to share my knowledge with friends. I think everyone enjoyed it. I did an Avery class first. It was one of the breweries that I wanted to go to, but didn't get to. We never made it to Boulder - but there is always another time!
Becca will kill me for publishing this, but I think it's adorable. This was after beer class!! Am I a good teacher or what?!?!
Here's a view of downtown Denver. It was amazing. I had a great time wondering around and going to the Aveda school for a facial that day. It was easy to get around, and the parking was cheap. I was mucho impressed with the city. It is definitely worth a trip there.
Here's some other great places to visit in Denver - The Great Divide Brewing Company, Falling Rock Tap House, and Coors Field (preferably when there is a game so you can go to the SandLot a bar they have there).
Okay - There are more pics - but it's my dad's birthday today and we are going out to eat to celebrate - Happy Birthday Daddio!
Also - thanks to everyone who kept Eric, my bro, in their prayers he got finished today taking the bar and will have his results back in September!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I LOVE Denver!! Red Rocks is beautiful - it was one of my favorites. I am glad you had fun.
You and all of your beer smarts. Looks like you had a great time! Just makes me miss Pigeon Forge even more!
Post a Comment