I found myself in New Orleans for New Years this year. I went with college friends, the same people I normally spend New Years with. It was a destination birthday party. I was really concerned about whether or not it would be a good time. I spoke to many people regarding my feelings. I kind of feel like I've been growing away from some of the people involved. When we all go out, I never get called - they always call Brian and usually Brian calls me to let me know (petty, I know). I just felt kinda out of the loop - also they are all coupled and I'm still single. I think the real deal is probably that they think I'm always busy - which they are pretty right. Plus my bestest is an old friend of the group that was outed a long time ago because for a period of time she had verbal diarrhea and said things aloud that probably didn't need to be said.
ANYWAY - back to New Orleans (NO). It was the best time. I really rocked it out. It was like a well prepared meal - not over done, but not underdone either.
I'm going to post some pictures - I'll put captions underneath. I have other pictures and will post those later. It's getting late, but I wanted to get some pics on here for my mom and others that might not see the pics till later.
Waiting in line at Mother's to get lunch! We had just gotten there.
Me at Muriel's where we went for our nice dinner. It was really wonderful!
There are so many more - I'm overwhelmed and just need to go to bed. I promise to post many more later and tell more stories. It was a really good time and I want to share that with you.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
So how was the food?
Wow! Sounds like a fun time indeed. Glad you had fun with old friends. Now come see me! :-)
hey, I'm with a oz...i'm ready for a visit too. i know springfield doesn't sound nearly as enticing as new orleans, but we do have the wonderful cheddars here!
glad you had a good time. good to know that you can rock it out with old friends. I know exactly what you mean about feeling out of the loop. it's hard...life moves on and sometimes the friendships don't exactly move right along with it. that's been one of the hardest things for me.
Post a Comment