BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Here's a few resolutions - or goals I already have, in no particular order.

1.  more game nights.  Played a new game called Quelf (yes, I know, that's the real name of it).  I am excited to play it again.  Plus I also found out you can play 8 people on Just dance 2. 
2.  I want to bike twice as much as last year.  I want a road bike.  I want to bike a 50 mile stretch.  I want to join a biking group that meets weekly.
3.  Continue on my path of an active life style - I definitely think it's the path I'm supposed to be on.
4.  Continue changing my diet.  More veggies.  I want to create a list of go to recipes for myself in 2011.  I want to try and plan more meals and cook more for myself  -I was doing it, but got out of the practice of it because it can be hard to cook for one (mentally, emotionally hard).
5.  Make the 'struggle' less existent.  I am tired of struggling lately with decisions, thoughts, midwestern values, the parts of my life I can't control.  I need to let the control factor go and just live.  The struggle has gotten quite difficult to handle lately and that has to change.
6.  Go ghost hunting.  It has been insanely hard to find a group here in KC.  But I really want to go.  I have this interest, which is surprising to myself and everyone else, and I need to feed it.
7.  Travel, however this will be dependent on....
8.  Continue to work towards being debt free.
9.  Run 3 miles without stopping.
10.  Get a new position at work, or a new job, or sell everything...take my retirement..and travel until it runs out.
11.  hire a handyman to do all the repairs that I am not willing to learn how to do
12.  change my car insurance - it should be cheaper.
13.  Start saving money.
14.  Treat myself with more respect, so when I meet men, they also treat me with respect.
15.  Continue to loose weight.  I do have a goal, but not sure if I will ever make it there.
16.  Go to church.....I'd like to have a church family - or go to church with my friends.  There's always opportunities at a church, that's what I'm looking for...I've already found God, and he's not just in a church so it's really the opportunities I'm looking for...


That's all for now.  I am always working on goals and changing them as my life changes.  I really like where I'm at emotionally.  I really like the path my life is on and the direction I'm headed in.  My journey is ever changing. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

1. so I googled Quelf. I LOVE games!
2-5. good for you!
6. Have you googled this? Surely there are groups in such a big city. Sounds like a BLAST to me!
7. this is always my goal. Any ideas yet as to where to?
8. Good luck and I hear ya!
9. YOU CAN DO IT!
10. a bit unrealistic but dreamy nonetheless;)
11. Develop a list and figure out costs.
12-13. Also a GREAT goal
14. My favorite goal of them all;)
15. YES YOU WILL! Pessimism won't help with this goal missy!
16. A church family is very meaningful. Good luck finding the right one.
BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL 2011!

April said...

This list is awesome! I know you can do these things--even the ghost hunting sounds fun, but I'm not sure I would have the guts to do it. :) I love the idea of having go-to recipes as well. I'm going to try to use the weight watchers meal-planner. It's something i have to look into, but it supposed to be quite cool. I'll let you know if I find anything cool! :)