BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

taxes

Well...I just tried something new with my taxes.  I did deductions for the storm doors (energy efficient) that I bought this year, as well as my donations to Goodwill (I kept a list of everything I gave - $488 by the item list on taxact), I took the max for teachers (always have, always will as long as I'm a teacher).  I've never done that much itemizing before, guess we'll see what happens.  I figure if the money is there, why not get my piece.  If all goes smoothly, I will have enough to attain my goal I set out to attain 3 years ago.  Success!  But I have more goals to begin after this one is accomplished.  In my Read 180 class, we read a profile of a psychologist (Nancy Etcoff) that says that it's the journey to the goal that we enjoy/makes us happy, not necessarily the accomplishment itself.  Dr. Etcoff also said that money doesn't buy happiness....while I agree, I'd really like to find out for myself ;)  
Going to a new meetup group tonight - it's for single ladies with no kids.  Kinda sounded empowering, and I love the social aspect of it.  We are eating sushi and then going to a boxing class.  Awesome stuff. 

1 comments:

Stacy said...

xtra on your tax refund, sushi and boxing sounds like ONE HELLUVA day to me! Enjoy!