So, I decided I should look at my list of things I wanted to do this summer and see where I'm at. You can see that I have decided to save all the 'work' for later. I had to save some things because of finances and others just because I've not had time to do them yet, and I know I will in June.
That vacuum, even though it was more than I thought I could spend has really been worth the money! I don't know if any readers/friends noticed, I love it.
Tomorrow I start a new workout routine - gonna get up early and work out with Bethany, she lives around here so I can ride my bike to her house. I'm excited to work out with a friend and do it in the morning. I'm afraid of letting myself (and her) down by not going. Because of this fear, I am sure I will go. I love having a friend to do it with because it makes me accountable. I can deal with letting myself down, but it's harder to see it in the face of others (mainly because I don't always look at my face). Regardless of all that drivel, I'm very excited about this. Right now, I'm holding myself to Mondays and Wednesdays. If it's really fun and I like it, I'll include Fridays. Maybe it will make me feel super cool and I'll also do something on Tuesday and Thursdays, like walk the dog or go to the gym. We'll see. I'm still scared, this has been something I've wanted and talked about for a long time (to work out in the morning) and I still have yet to jump the hurdle and do it. I think it will happen, but only because of Bethany's support. She's awesome!
I have to mow the yard today. I'm being very procrastinating about it. But it's gonna rain this week, so it has to be done today. I swear, when and if I can, I will pay for a lawn mowing service or a new lawn mower.
I've listened to Kodi's music (on her blog) while writing this blog - I love it!!
1. Summer's here BBQ (already bbq'd this summer, will do more)
2. front yard area - put in a little bird bath, plant some plants (planted impatiens - sp?- yesterday)
3. cut down bushes in front (done)
4. re-do kitchen: clean out everything, new spice holders, new dry goods holders, re-arrange (I've cleaned out everything and done some rearranging, but haven't bought new spice holders or canisters for dry goods)
5. paint rooms: living room, bedroom
6. pull carpet in bedrooms (officially taking this off, the new vacuum is amazing)
7. cleanout fence on south side
8. put new chainlink and possibly a few new posts in on south side
9. paint trim in house
10. get new carpet for bedrooms, or finish with flooring - undecided, probably depend on funds (no need with the awesome vacuum)
11. buy and install storm doors
12. put new weather strip on door
13. get big rocks out of bottom pond
14. replace big rocks
15. in August go to Minneapolis for Maure and family and art show
16. In July go to Okoboji for BRASL and boji fun
17. spend lots of time with freeman bambino (still waiting for him to come, but I contact mom everyday)
18. work out, ride my bike, take a swim, go to the lake (I have already had some good bike adventures and have ideas for more - I even rode my bike to the gym)
19. throw my momma a birthday party (June 12, if you wanna come)
20. Go to see Michael Buble (up close and personal like, if my mom takes me, they are her tickets).
21. ride my bike in the morning to get coffee.
22. Join CSA and learn to cook new organic veggies and meats (yes, and this was a fantastic decision! I've gotten more meat than veggies!! It's been awesome)
23. Remember everyday I don't go out or pass up a social event is a day closer to financial freedom and ultimate financial responsibility.
24. Go see movies, particularly excited about Eclipse (saw Get Him to the Greek, funny Apatow movie)
25. Meet some new people that do stuff I want to do also.
2. front yard area - put in a little bird bath, plant some plants (planted impatiens - sp?- yesterday)
3. cut down bushes in front (done)
4. re-do kitchen: clean out everything, new spice holders, new dry goods holders, re-arrange (I've cleaned out everything and done some rearranging, but haven't bought new spice holders or canisters for dry goods)
5. paint rooms: living room, bedroom
6. pull carpet in bedrooms (officially taking this off, the new vacuum is amazing)
7. cleanout fence on south side
8. put new chainlink and possibly a few new posts in on south side
9. paint trim in house
10. get new carpet for bedrooms, or finish with flooring - undecided, probably depend on funds (no need with the awesome vacuum)
11. buy and install storm doors
12. put new weather strip on door
13. get big rocks out of bottom pond
14. replace big rocks
15. in August go to Minneapolis for Maure and family and art show
16. In July go to Okoboji for BRASL and boji fun
17. spend lots of time with freeman bambino (still waiting for him to come, but I contact mom everyday)
18. work out, ride my bike, take a swim, go to the lake (I have already had some good bike adventures and have ideas for more - I even rode my bike to the gym)
19. throw my momma a birthday party (June 12, if you wanna come)
20. Go to see Michael Buble (up close and personal like, if my mom takes me, they are her tickets).
21. ride my bike in the morning to get coffee.
22. Join CSA and learn to cook new organic veggies and meats (yes, and this was a fantastic decision! I've gotten more meat than veggies!! It's been awesome)
23. Remember everyday I don't go out or pass up a social event is a day closer to financial freedom and ultimate financial responsibility.
24. Go see movies, particularly excited about Eclipse (saw Get Him to the Greek, funny Apatow movie)
25. Meet some new people that do stuff I want to do also.
26. Hang out with April, because I know we would be good friends and have fun times. (Wonders..does April have a bicycle?)
27. Visit with Kodi & Trai and meet Millie. (putting all traveling off til my next paycheck - June 25th, so sometime after that - start thinking about when)
5 comments:
Glad you enjoy my music. Music is somthing I could never live without. I have a bicycle and would also love to do some of the trails we have around here with someone. Another reason I wish we lived closer. Working out together would also be cool.
The only time this summer that I know of any big plans would be the weekend of July 17th. Otherwise we are open.
How bout sometime that next week (after the 17th). I'll bring my bike.
don't 13 and 14 negate each other?
Are you going to come and see me?
A - YES YES YES! What's good for you in July, or after this weekend I would know if I can come down the weekend of June 18-20. I think you should take off and come up and see Twilight with me. All three movies in one night :)
Stacy - what I was meaning was that after I get the big rocks out of the pond, then I need to figure a way to put them back where they go without them falling back in the pond.
Post a Comment