BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 14, 2010

a sick obsession

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I'm really obsessed with the Twilight Saga. The obsession comes and goes, and when it's quiet - I'm barely thinking about it, however when it's loud - It's screaming, overtaking all my thoughts. It's been working it's way up to loud over the last month or two. Eclipse (the 3rd book) will be out in the theaters on the 30th of June. One weekend I was going to watch the first two movies and then read the 3rd book (again..). That never happened because I haven't allowed myself to buy New Moon (2nd book/movie) and I didn't find anyone that I could borrow it from (although I had offers, just bluray offers and those are no good to me). It finally took me and yesterday I just started the 3rd book and of course finished it. Nothing like sitting down and reading a 600 something page book in one setting. But that is how I like it... It's ridiculous how I smile and laugh and become one with this series. There is a showing here in KC for the opening night where they are going to show all three movies for the price of one. I've already considered this, and tried to find someone to join me. I think I'll have to experience this alone, which makes me sad - but I've made up my mind (I did weeks ago) and I am going to do it. I'm going to go see all three movies in the theater on the same night. I can't wait.



4 comments:

Stacy said...

I've went to the movies a couple of times solo and LOVED it, but neither were movies that were going to be PACKED! so you will need to make quick friends with your seat mates so they can save your seat for you when you go pee or to get snacks, especially when the third new movie is getting ready to start and the rest of the theater fills up. HAVE FUN!

bonnie said...

I go all the time by myself...more movies by myself than with people, that is for sure. This is one where I would just like to have the experience with someone else. I just don't think anyone is as crazy as I.

Stacy said...

I have wanted to do a Lord of the Rings marathon, but almost 10 hours in a theater would be a MARATHON!
6 hours is a little more do-able.
Once the movie starts you don't know if anyone else is even there.

bonnie said...

Oh my! I could do the marathon at home, but probably not in a theater. Well..I'm thinking that if I have my own snacks and buy a drink when I go in, that I could probably manage by myself and just make sure I sit next to honest, vampire/werewolf loving people.