I made my own granola today and wanted to share the recipe. It would be a great recipe for kiddos, to help with and to eat. Remember that I am a cook that doesn't really measure (although I have measurements for you) and I also believe in making the recipe yours. So add what you want! I used honey in my recipe because I don't normally have syrup around. It worked out perfectly - I love the flava!
Basic Ingredients:
3 Cups Old fashioned oats
1 cup Almonds (add some other nuts if you want, cashews would be delish)
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup Maple syrup (or honey, or sorghum/molasses)
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (or conola, any light oil)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 Cup raisins or dried fruit or chocolate chips, m&m's etc.
Heat your oven to 250
Combine the Oats/Nuts/Brown Sugar in one bowl, in another bowl combine the maple syrup, oil, salt - then put them all together and spread on a cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan, etc.). Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
Remove it to a big bowl and add your extras - raisins, dried fruit etc.
I let it cool for a while, and then stirred it up again and let it cool more. Pretty much ate and stirred all night. It's now sitting in Tupperware. SOO delicious.
I would take a picture and make this blog really pretty - but I dropped my camera tonight and I think I broke it for good. I loved that camera, it's a very sad loss.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment