Hallelujah! I love the last day of school, just as much as the first day. I love waving to the students as they leave on the buses. I love the celebrations, the food, and getting the hell outta there to go have a beverage. Normally I would be 10-12 drinks under, but this is a different year. It could very well be my first sober end of the last day. I did go for a celebration drink after school, but then went on to do more adultish responsible things. I went to the eye doctor and instead of going back to the bar (where inevitably I would spend too much money, and drink way too much) I came home and vacuumed. That's right. I said that correctly, I vacuumed. Instead of saving myself the going out money, I bought a vacuum this weekend. The Bissell Cleanview Helix was onsale this weekend for $75, I did some research and decided that this vacuum could be the one for me. I finally broke down and got it and haven't stopped vacuuming since. I LOVE IT! I don't think I've ever had a properly working vacuum until this one. I feel that even if it broke down right now, I would have got $75 dollars worth.
Seriously, all I've done since I've put it together is vacuum. I love it. What's coming out of my carpet and floor is disgusting. Totally sick. I had no idea. My bedroom floors look almost new. It's only one step to get the pet hair up on my wood floor (before I was doing 3 - sweep, dry swiffer, wet swiffer). Who knew my life would change so drastically that a vacuum would be more entertainment than spending the afternoon/evening at the bar?!?!! I love it. Some people would think it's crazy, but I am so excited about my life and future and maturity. I love taking a step back and remembering where I came from. Plus, it's really empowering to make your own decisions (in a past life I would just stay at the bar until the last person left). I'm making a lot of my own decisions lately and they are such good decisions for me, always in my best interest. I love it. LOVE IT!
The best part about this school year was teaching reading and communication arts. I had the best time. The students were sooo successful, it made me very proud to see them being proud of themselves. The worst part was all the drama. These statements alone make me feel good about what I'm doing - I'm in the right place with the right attitude.
Cheers to sobriety, and cheers to clean floors (etc.), and cheers to doing absolutely nothing but what I want to do tomorrow! Yay summer.

1 comments:
Good pic and your floors do look clean! I do the 3 you mentioned to clean mine...
Post a Comment