Three or so weeks ago, I had the opportunity to hang out with my best friend from middle school, Kodi. This opportunity was one where I got to meet her family - her daughter and her husband. I also got to see her mom and meet a good friend of Kodi's from college. It was very special and very exciting for me. Kodi is and always will be one of my closest friends. I have struggled with how to explain our friendship. You really only know it if you have it. But, Kodi is always with me. Even when we don't talk or communicate for a multitude of years - she's always right here. And I feel that it's the same for her - I'm always right there. I believe it's truly unique to find a friendship like we have.
I don't try to play the "i wonder..." game with my life. Everything happens for a reason and I truly have faith in that. But when it comes to the 3 and 1/2 years I spent in Cabool, MO - I do always wonder what would have happen if we hadn't moved. Who would I have become?
I lived there during my 5-8th grade years (very formative years) and I can say that it was one of the bright spots in my life. And having a life long friend that came out of those three years is the brightest. Lylas!
Kodi blogged about it, and created a scrap book page from our visit. Feel free to take a look. Kodi's Blog
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
It is hard to explain! I'm glad we get it though. :) I know my life would have been different had you stayed in Cabool, but like you said, "Everything happens for a reason." I'm always just grateful that the distance never took you away from me!
Jason and I always say that true friends always pick up where they left off no matter how long they have been apart. THAT is hard to find. This is a true testament to friendship!
Post a Comment