So this school year is going to be very different for me. I already have a lot of frustrations with the program that I am piloting and also frustrations that I see happening in the future. I am positive about the position and my ability to be successful. I really do not think my school set me up for success, which is disheartening, but I'm sure they knew that in the end I'll pull it out and find a way to make this program successful.
The saddest part of my day was that I didn't really have a "home". I have a closet, yes, but it's not really fun to bring your food through the library and then eat it by yourself in a closet. It's just so different from having a classroom with all the other sped teachers/paras around and someone to constantly chat with. I know that this will pass and I will find my place and eventually have someone to eat lunch with.
The best part of my day was seeing some of my kiddos from last year. I have 2 that came back that I worked really hard to get them into regular ed, succeeded in doing that. I don't know the real challenges that they will face, but I am excited to see them out and about. One of them, J. said first thing to me, "Ms. Steen I matured over the summer." I got a big kick out of it because all last year, I was like, I hope you mature over the summer...
When it rains it pours, and it seems that my life goes without trial for long periods of time and recently there has just been trial after trial. I don't quite know how I'm going to overcome some of them, but I'm sure I will see it all through as we do everything in life. It always works out the way it is supposed to - that is my mantra. Which is why I don't sweat anything for too long.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
There has got to be something funky in your school building girl. Do you get colds a lot too?
Bon, Bon - this is the story of my life too. When it rains it pours. Maybe that is why we are kindred spirits!!
Take care of yourself. Call me - I have a theory about your rash.
Post a Comment