Okay - I wrote that blog before ever talking it out and now I realize that the assignment given is not the disappointment, the taking away of my classroom is. Having your own classroom is one of the joys of being a teacher. I figure it is similar to being a higher up and having a corner office or an office with a door. So I will come to terms with it all tomorrow when I try to cram 7 years of teaching stuff into a closet and keep room for the speech path who is sharing the closet with me.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Oh girl, I'm so sorry. I would be devastated. I couldn't stand not having my own room. It's hard enough to do the job we do without having to deal with sharing space. I'll be praying for you and hoping things go well. You should get more money since you have so many extra duties now! Whoa. See, that whole being appreciated thing...that's why I stay where I am. Could I make a whole lot more money elsewhere? You betcha? But I get treated like a queen and that's worth more than any pay raise to me.
I second what Kodi said, plus I'll add that I wish you good luck with your move. I have moved classrooms 7 times in my 9 years of teaching. It's not fun, and 3 of those moves were to classrooms which were not my own. Hopefully, you will be compensated in some way, even if it's not in money terms.
Post a Comment