BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

next year...

So I finally found out today what I will be doing for next year. I'm very disappointed in my school district. Their ability to use and abuse me is masterful. I will be doing about 3 full time jobs - in one. Unfortunately, I'm only getting paid to do one as well...that should change. I will be implementing a new program within the special education setting in the district called facilitation. Basically, I will be working with the entire 6th grade to modify work/tests/instruction for all the students with an IEP. I will be responsible for making sure all this happens and all needs are met, including pulling them out for test taking etc. I am also still in charge of students with emotional disorders/behavioral disorders. So I will also have them on my case load and have them in a homeroom as well as a social skills class. And for job #3, with our caseloads being as big as they are (usually in the 25+), I also consider the paperwork and stuff for that a full time job - because it is at my school.
On top of all of this, they are taking away my classroom and I am being forced into a closet in the library, which I will share with the speech pathologist. I have 7 years of teaching stuff. I really wish they could have told me earlier so I'd be more prepared for this.
I am cutting my summer off early and starting to go in tomorrow since I will be moving rooms.
My thoughts now are that I can do this - no problem, but I just don't think it's very fair with all the hard work I always put in. They really should give me a raise to compensate the extra time I will be putting in and the lack of lunch or break time I will have.
My goal for the future is just to find a place of employment where I'm respected and appreciated.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in your new assignment. Remember, you can come to Columbia! :-)

Stacy said...

When you find that job, can you let me know?