BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thank you for the quote, Eastern Dragon

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive."

-by Anais Nin


My world is full of wonderful, caring, loving, and exceptional friends. Without them, I would be lost. They all bring something different to my world. And the good Lord knows - I need them all.

I spent an amazing weekend with two great friends. At this point, I am exhausted and have few words to express how meaning-full and important our moments together were. But if either of you read this, please know - you bring more to my world than I could ever explain or attempt to convey.


"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

I throughly enjoy Anais Nin. There are many quotes and passages that have much meaning in my life. But the one above in particular stands out as an insight into my emotional state lately. To expand a tiny bit (because I tend to beat around the bush with this kind of stuff) when I look into the face of a friend, I see myself as they see me. And with my bestests, this can often bring me to tears - because it is very rare that I see myself the way they see me. I memorize those moments so that when I'm in the deepest of depressions they can help me get out of it whether they can physically be there or not.

Thank you to all my good friends, who beknownst to you or not, are always helping out of the deep depression. I love you.

0 comments: