I thought a while back that I should write a blog about all the things I have accomplished that I am proud of. This idea came from my realization of how much I have changed over time. I learn from every experience and sometimes others experiences. It would be good to look at how I have changed from them. For this blog - I am putting only positives
1. My openness. In the last 6 years I have really learned how to open up and tell my story. I used to leave parts of it out - not that I am ashamed, but that I worried what others would think. I have really started to own my story. I love that.
2. The ugly side. I have let more people into my inner circle and am not afraid of showing my ugly side. By ugly side - I mean the side you wouldn't show in public. Or the side that normally you reserve for when you are the only one home. More people know that side of me, and the beauty is that I know more people's ugly side. It's the part of a person I want to know.
3. Taking on more responsibility. I own a home. I am secure in my position at work because of my reputation. I look for challenge and meet it face on. I am doing things now I never thought I could do alone, and I am successful.
4. Accepting ownership. I have learned to accept ownership for my actions. This is something I do so that my students can see it first hand (but it's been educational and challenging for me too). We all mess up or make bad decisions and I am proud that I am able to fess up and take ownership for mine.
5. Standing up for myself. In the past I would allow others to use me and walk all over me. I have recently started noticing myself taking a stand and advocating for myself. It's been very empowering. There are times very recently where I have done it and not even had to give myself a pep talk to make it happen.
6. Maturing. I am just starting to actually see myself maturing. I can see it in decisions and everyday choices. I also see it in my thinking process and reactions to others.
6 is a nice even number. I am going to stop there as my dog is outside barking her fool head off and I have a lot of stuff to get going.
Have a good week! It is my last week of summer school, then it's Bonnie's Bootcamp and a vacay to Colorado!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Neat post. I enjoyed reading all that. Isn't self discovery amazing? So many people don't take the time to look back and truly reflect. I'm glad you can! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm glad you learned something new about me. I was just asking Trai yesterday what time we were leaving for KC b/c I wanted to make sure I had time to see you. He started to say that since we will have to get up at 3:00 in the morning to be at the airport we might as well just drive up that morning. I said, "NOOOOOOO! I must see Bonnie!" I can't wait!
Have fun in Colorado!
Post a Comment