If not now, then when?
An intriguing thought. The book I'm reading, "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle is a whole new way to think. I buy into it - if you focus just on the Now, you cannot worry about the past or the future. You cannot have problems, just situations to work though. I get it. I really do. And it helps, when I'm getting perturbed, I just think "What, at this moment, is lacking?" I remind myself that really, all that exists is right now, this moment. And magically - I am calmed and good. I've been trying more of this and living in the Now rather than the yesterday or tomorrow. But did E. Tolle really think this through - what about the consequences that happen in the morrow for the decisions you make in the Now? I bet he would say that you just deal with them when they become the Now. For instance, if a person goes out and becomes intoxicated - the Now is fantastic, but the consequences that will happen in the morrow are horrible. I'm sure he writes this thinking people actually make good choices.... and I'm sure it's all in the book I just haven't covered it yet.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
That's a tough one. I'm always thinking about consequences. I think I may be to OCD to live just in the moment. But I sure do like the thought of trying. :) Let me know how you do with that idea.
Post a Comment