BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 28, 2008

I live for weekends

I love this time of year when there is so much to do ont he weekends and it usually it nice enough to be outside.
This weekend, although it was cold, I spent outside. On Friday I went to the Royals game. They actually brought it about the 8th inning and ended up spanking the Blue Jays. Besides the win, it was buck night and so we got $1 hotdogs, peanuts and sodas! Plus, while we were all standing in line for our tickets, a girl came up and gave me two free tickets!! SCORE! So I got into the game for free.
Saturday was the annual Beer Fest in Parkville, MO. It was awesome and the weather even warmed up a little for it. The Java Porter by Blind Tiger is still my all time favorite. I really could drink that beer on the way to work and not even feel bad about it - it really tastes like coffee. There was a lot of new breweries there, some from as far as Nebraska. Lots of people this year as well! Plus some good bands played, one of my KC favs It's Over! really rocked some Beatles tunes. Fantastic day.
Sunday, I rested and did yard work. I didn't want to go anywhere or talk to anyone - and I didn't, it was nice! I'm finding that I do want to stay at home more, just to enjoy my house.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Also sounds like the Royals may have an awesome season ahead of them! I'm a die hard Cardinal's fan. Not really b/c of St. Louis though...I love my Springfield team!

Stacy said...

It's good to be able to enjoy your own company. Sounds like a good weekend. I can't wait until the weather stays nice.