BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 14, 2008

a lunch break - 11:00-11:30

"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds."
Francis Bacon

That is my quote of the day from Bethany - I thought I would share.

I'm having salad for lunch today - it has carrots and turkey in it with some calorie full Ranch dressing. Splendid. I am eating it with a spoon, because I forget to buy forks everytime I am out. I spent all last week eating salad with a spoon - one would think I'd remember, but no. Some of you are well aware that teachers don't get much of a lunch break. If I am lucky I have 15 minutes. If I have to heat something up - much less time. See, when our 30 minute allotted lunch time starts I have to line up my students and get them downstairs to the cafeteria. Then I have to make sure they are in their assigned seats. In the cafeteria and on the way back no less than 3 people stop me to chat (usually about work - everyone knows I'm pretty business oriented). Then once I get up to my classroom I have to assemble anything (my salad or sandwich usually) then I have about 15 minutes until I go to pick up my kids.

Just a little about my day to day life.

3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I'm very fortunate. My lunch time is during my conference hour...which is also the best conference hour. In order to make our bus system work in this district, our principal opted to have us start the same time as our high school, extend our lunch periods by 5 minutes, which in turn puts us out 15 minutes later than the high school. Every one was totally cool with an extra 5 minutes at lunch time. Sometimes I have to make myself eat slowly...I'm so used to cramming everything in! Your lunch period sounds like it stinks. The bell rings and we just turn our kids loose. We don't have to walk anyone anywhere or pick them up. I would be really bothered by that.

bonnie said...

it's really elementary - I think. They should at least let the 8th graders walk themselves...

Kodi Logan said...

really. that's insane. we let 6th graders walk themselves. that's one of the main reasons i didn't do elementary...eating lunch with kids and recess. yuck, yuck, yuck!