BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Eckhart Tolle

I've been thinking for a while, and decided yesterday after watching Oprah, that I needed to make two new book purchases; The Power of Now and A New Earth. Both books written by spiritualist Eckhart Tolle. Oprah has really skyrocketed the books, like she does with all of them. She's even doing Monday night talks via podcast with Eckhart. The whole world can join in - it's like a class, I know everyone has heard about it.
Anyway, I decided to buy these books because I'm in need of change, like a life change, and that is what everyone says these books do for them. In the first 22 pages, I can seriously say that this is what I've been looking for - even though I didn't know it.


Think about my past blogs and read this excerpt - some of you will get it, some may not.

"Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction."

"The compulsive thinker,...,lives in a state of apparent separateness, in an insanely complex world of continuous problems and conflict, a world that reflects the ever-increasing fragmentation of the mind."

Here's a passage I highlighted because it gave me an inner hope:
"Enlightenment is not only the end of suffering and of continuous conflict within and without, but also the end of the dreadful enslavement to incessant thinking."


When I first heard about the books and what was going on on Oprah, I thought this guy has just taken centuries old pschyological theory and put it into some book that Oprah bought into. But, even though I have only read 22 pages, he has already named many theorist as well as religions for the old school theory.

If you want to come on this journey with me, please do - the books are at Target for $11.20 and I will be posting on here some thoughts and discussion I have from the book.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I have A New Earth but have been procrastinating reading it.