BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 08, 2010

Great-Full #15

If you didn't realize - I'm not keeping up with this everyday, but I will write 40 blogs about all the stuff in my life I am grateful for.  Promise.


Today I am thankful for the gift of music.  I am thankful for an awesome community band to play with and a director that challenges me beyond belief, but knows that I can do it.  Although, I don't think he had the confidence I did at my last concert.  3/7/10, was PCCB (Platte County Community Band) winter concert.  I am thankful for the challenging music that was chosen.  I did curse it weekly and had to add practicing to my schedule.  But I am thankful for a fantastic musical experience.  Not only am I proud of the job I did on the solos and whatnot, I am proud to be a part of this band.  It was truly amazing.  No words really, just emotions for the experience.....

Thank you for the gift of music.  Thank you for the opportunity to move to a bigger city and be introduced to the oboe.  Thank you for my parents who have supported me at EVERY concert, marching band performance, and even CJT solos that my mom came to.  Thank you for every opportunity I have had to play with amazing musicians.  Thank you for all the bands, symphonies, and orchestras I've been in.  Thank you for the music that reaches my soul and the outlet that feeds it.  Thank you for providing an instrument to play on when mine was taken.  Thank you for the will and emotional stability to deal with that situation every week.  Thank you in the future for providing me with funds to by a new just as good oboe.  Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with concert goers and my parents, who are ALWAYS there. 

Thank you for the compliments on Sunday and the delicious dinner at Odowd's.  The black and tans and half and halfs were spot on!  Thank you!

0 comments: