BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

snow day banter

So...another snow day. It's really nice. I am not ever going to complain. I love snow days. Even though we've had several, I still get giddy when I see my school's name scrolling on the bottom of the tv. I often feel like a kid in those instances. I don't really care how many days we have to go later or not having days off when we are supposed to, because I have 30 days of sick leave and 2 personal days accrued - I can take a sick day when I need a day, no problem. If we are lucky - we might just make the magical number of snow days it takes for the state to forgive and forget...and then they wouldn't matter anyhow. I don't know why every school district just doesn't try to make this number every year. It would save them lots of money. And don't we all know - districts are in the business of saving money this year, finding money, creating money...they just need money.

Anyway - I also wanted to say something about my finances. I am in the hole at this time every year. Christmas just gets me. I just blow it all during the vacation and then have NOTHING for January. Well, I did it again this year, however - not as much as normal, and I know every cent that I'm in the hole. I also had 2 chances to not be in the hole this year - but of course I take the long road and make many mistakes many times, and didn't get my butt in gear to make the decisions for either 2 chances. The chinese have a proverb that says, fall down 7 times get up 8. Well, next year will be my #8. I am going to make sure that I have all shopping and presents by September (never in my life have I done this). Also, I am going to take one of those options that were presented and utilize it if necessary next year. I've even written myself a note in my planner. So...regardless of how negative funds I am right now, I feel like every year I make baby steps toward being better financially and this year is no exception. Whoo hoo!

0 comments: