The poor fish. They are buried under ice and snow. They could possibly not even make it. The ponds only go to about 4 feet, I don't know if that is deep enough in this cold, cold winter weather. It will certainly make for a huge project this spring and summer!
We are supposed to get 2-4 more inches tomorrow and the high on Friday is 0 degrees!! Oh my! We had a snow day today, and probably if the snow comes in tomorrow morning, we'll have the rest of the week out. It's nice having the extra week for winter break and being able to stay in and not get out in the weather. However, there is also the impressing doom of the MAP test which is the end of March and first of April. Educational time is of the essence! It will take a week or three to get my kids back into a routine and learning...Then it's just a few weeks to spring break and then the MAP. I wouldn't be so concerned about it, because I am not really the teacher that is (I'm sped, these kids are probably not going to help our scores anyhow). But government (Missouri or Federal) still have not taken any steps to actually HELP the urban school systems. We had a lady from DESE in a few weeks ago, that pretty much used bully techniques in telling us what we needed to be doing and what they expected to see when they came in. No one left that meeting feeling motivated. And this is all coming from the fact that I need to finish lesson plans, but am instead sitting here worrying about my fish and wondering if the meatballs I made are ready.... I guess I better go check.
Here's to hoping the fish are alive and well after the winter storm of 2009
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
I'm supposed to begin MAP-A with my severe population in less than a week. I still have data sheets and activities to create for that. MAP-A lasts for 2 months and then the rest of our population begins on the regular MAP. So, I completely understand the craziness you are talking about.
Oh, and I hope the fish are okay. Poor little fellers.
Post a Comment