It all must start in 6th grade, boys thinking females are ignorant to their inside jokes and immature sexual musings. I have witnessed my 6th graders becoming more and more interested in girls and sex, all the while, thinking that I don't know what they are talking about. They make jerk-off motions when they shake their milk. They pound their knee on their desk like it's a big hard-on. They say the word balls, like they just discovered they have them (it's a big deal). And they giggle, at everything, like little girls in a slumber party. I get tired of it all, because it's so immature and stupid. Mostly I roll my eyes and give them a direction to stop the nonsense. But today, oh today, I took a whole new role. I gave females a whole new meaning. I outted them. Right in front of the entire class. Using the same language they would. Letting them know that I knew exactly what was going on. And they were amazed. Then they were embarrassed. So embarrassed that one had to turn around and hold his face in his hand. He might have been stiffling a giggle, but I'd like to think his red face was from acknowledging that I, a femal, knew what they were talking about. I realize that none of this will stop them, or even mute them in my classroom, but I hope someday it will give them a difference sense of the female and her actual knowledge of the male.
Girls rule, boys drool.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment