Today is the last day of school for the 2007-2008 school year. It has been a challenging year for my patience. I am happy for it to be over, but not necessarily excited about any thing in the future. Like most years, I have no idea what I will be doing next year. I don't know what I can plan or get excited about. I will have no idea what I need to prepare for. I will probably have to start next year off running.
I have an opportunity to move districts - but I cannot afford the pay cut. I probably need to go an interview for this opportunity. Part of me wants to and just ask for what I get paid here. Can't hurt anything, right. Part of me just wants to wait it out another year here at Center and then see how I feel. I like it here, but I don't think there's much room for me to move or grow. I do like the fact that I've climbed the proverbial ladder and am standing on top where no one can mess with me. I'd have to do it all over again at a new place. Comfort.
Anyway - I'm still somewhat uncertain. There are a few directions I'd like to go. I'd like to teach college courses, I'd like to work with elementary students, I'd like to work in a juvenile detention, I'd like to work in a psychiatric center...so at least I have dreams.
TGITLDOS! Thank god it's the last day of school! You can bet on it that I will be kicking out the year this afternoon in true Steen style (on a patio, with a beverage and friends).
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Good for you! I hope you enjoy your break.
Wow! I bet it feels good to have another school year finished. I'm assuming you'll still work your second job throughout the summer though.
Have a killer weekend!
I vote interview and have the salary stipulation. That can't hurt a thing.
Good luck!
Post a Comment