BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 16, 2010

My beautiful Mother and Michael Buble'

On June 13, my beautiful mother turned 60.  I felt there was a duty to celebrate this momentous occasion to the best of my ability.  I asked her for a list of folks she would invite to a birthday party, and the inviting ensued.  A handful of people ended up coming, I was not the best on timing.  But, several people came, important ones and even folks from Omaha that she knew came.  It was an awesome dinner celebration! 


 
I decided to go with a princess theme, not because my mom is a princess or anything like that, but because it was easy to find decorations for Birthday Queens.  And I thought it was fitting, and fun.  She wore here gear that I got for this picture, and quickly took it off.  My decorations were simple, some balloons, separate napkins and plates for the cake, and some maracas.  Mom is not over the top, so I didn't want it to be too over the top.  Mom did a shot of tequila, which is customary for her birthday.  She has the pics of that (I had broken my camera) and I haven't got them yet.  I did get a good before/after.  Someday, I will wrangle it from her.  Overall, we had a great time.  The family photo below was taken that night.  It's always great when we are all together. I have to mention that I couldn't have pulled this off without a last minute angels that gave us money to pay for the bill.  I am very thankful for their friendship to our family and wished they could have been there with us.                                                                                                                                       


For Mother's Day and her birthday, I (include Eric) got mom tickets
to Michael Buble'.  She didn't seem too excited at first when I told her about them.  Of course, I failed (on purpose) to tell her that we were sitting on the floor, 29 rows away from MB.
I knew that my mom would love this concert, and I would too.  I
did give her the opportunity to take dad, but of course she took me.  A friend of mine, Melody, came and went with us.  We ate at the movie theatre - only place with openings.  It was pretty good and nice and cool.  (it as a hot day)
We got to Sprint Center and I think mom was a little surprised to find out that we were on the floor, and so close to the stage.  (btw - I would not have been wearing that long black coverup had I not been covered with poison ivy).  Anyway - we were there nice and early, which I love, because I like to people watch.  It was fun to see all the other moms and daughters there.The first group that went on was Naturally 7.  They used their voices as instruments.  It was sooo cool.  Mom recorded some of it.  Maybe I can get that and attach it here sometime.  They were a great warm-up group.  Very impressive with their talents.  Both of us really enjoyed them.

After Naturally 7, MB came out.  I can't say enough about how awesome he was in concert.  The place was packed, but it seemed so intimate.  He was very good at finding balance between the talking and singing.  The absolute best part of the night was when he came into the crowd.  Sometime during a song, they had placed a movable stage right behind mom and I.  We never heard it.  We were trying to take pics of him coming down the aisle, I turned around and saw the stage and told mom to turn around.  Then we were pretty much serenaded by MB for a few songs.  It was awesome.  We were on cloud 9 after that.  I was so incredibly happy to have spent the money on the floor tickets.  It was just a real treat.  It was really fun to see mom so excited too.  At the end of the night, we both were really happy with the concert and going and had a blast.  I know that if he comes in the future we will go, and hopefully take the rest of the family, they would love it.  I would recommend his concert to anyone of any age.  Anyway - we had a great time, I'm closing this blog with pics from the concert - most are self explanatory.


0 comments: