So, I installed a storm door today on the back door of my house. It was a challenging task. I was initially unsure that I could do it myself. Then I watched about a dozen how-to videos and read a few articles, and thought - that looks relatively easy, I can do this myself and save about $100 bucks.
So this morning, bright and early, I woke up. I made some agua de melon with my juicer and then got to work. I pulled out all the pieces of the storm door and got the instructions all hung up then started with the first instruction, to put the zbar up and drill pilot holes (sounds like gibberish huh..), anyway it wasn't working. The zbar wasn't fitting flush, it just wasn't working. I hadn't been able to find the drill bits for my drill, so I decided to take a drive to Lowe's and get the bits. On the way, I figured that I had to take off the molding for the door. Then it would work. Even though I found my bits when I got home and had to go back to Lowe's later to take those others back, I'm so glad I took the drive and figured it out.
I also figured out a few other things. I'm very patient and look at all the angles to figure out the answer. I follow all the directions. I like to do things in the steps they are supposed to be done, unless something else makes better sense to me. I'm more detail oriented than I used to be. I am the most positive I have ever been.
There was only one thing that kinda went awry. While I was trying to hold the door up and get the drill to screw in the pilot screw while holding the door, it fell. The door fell. It was one of those moments that happen in slo-mo. I saw it falling, heard it, watched it - and just wanted for it to be finished falling. I thanked god that the glass didn't break, propped the door back up and proceeded to try it over again, and over and over until finally I was able to put the drill in a place that was easy to grab and hold the door up with my foot. Anyway - it all worked out, of course. There's a dent. And if I'm selling the house, that might not be a selling point, but it's a good memory.
I'm very proud of accomplishing the door hanging today. I even got all the hardware on. It looks fantastic and overall I'm very pleased with the outcome.
This summer has really been a summer of personal challenges. I can say that I have leaped over all of them in big strides. I'm happier than ever and have a more positive attitude than I ever have. It's such a good place to be. I'm so glad this is the path I chose to go down. I know there are good things around every corner.
Here are a few pics. My dad might have taught me to use a drill, but he sure didn't tell me how convenient it was to hold the bag of screws between my boobs!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
It's the only beneficial thing to being plump...that and being warm in the winter....ahahha
Post a Comment