I have such enthusiasm for riding bikes. I want to do it and have been on the search for a bike for some time now. My friend gave me a mountain bike yesterday and I had it fixed up. So last night I decided to go on a bike ride and see how it feels before venturing out for coffee this morning. Well, my area is pretty hilly - but sheesh, I went maybe a quarter of a mile and couldn't do it anymore. I turned around and made it home but had to sit around for a minute and get my breath back together. So I decided the biking to the coffee shop would be a goal rather than a starting place. So I drove there this morning, but while there I rode Natalie's cruiser (she did ride to the coffee shop) and it was so much easier. Of course there weren't huge hills and the bike fits me better. I don't know where in MO I'll find a place that's flat, it won't be my neighborhood. But I'm sure I'll work up to getting to and fro. At this point I couldn't even make it to Corner Cocktail (local bar - about 3 blocks away, up a hill). Small steps. And while I'm making them I'm looking for a bike to purchase. I think this will be a hard find. If I'm going to spend $$$ I want a bike that is perfect for me. I think this process has been frustrating, and will continue to be, but in the end will pay off.
If you ever come visit me, I will be taking you to this little coffee shop in Waldo (that I hope to ride my bike to someday). It's called One More Cup, and I'm in love with their Toddy's (cold brewed coffee). Delish!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
We LOVE to bike ride but haven't gotten around to it yet this year. Great workout though!
Talk to Jason about a bike...he help you figure it out!!
Post a Comment