I had a brush with past on Friday night. Not in the form of a person, or act, but in the form of a beautiful frothy delicious beverage that once I started imbibing, I could not stop. I was taken back to the days of yore (circa year 18-30), drunk and blissfully ignorant. It was just a reminder of why I chose to end that lifestyle and begin a new one (not that I needed a reminder, I love my new one). I'm happy to have left all that drinking and whatnot behind. I don't mind having some drinks, being buzzed but coherent. I do not miss the nights of binging and racing to the end of the glass just to order another. I don't miss smokey bars and disrespectful men. I don't even miss the crazy stories. I sit here today and would rather be the boring, hang out at my/a house kinda gal. If you were present during my drinking days you might have never thought this would come out of my mouth or that I would actually grow into becoming the person I am. I'd like to say that I could still drink you under the table, for what that is worth, but I'm going to have to resign to the fact that at one time in my life I could have and would have.
But today, I am a woman that would rather not. I'd rather enjoy my time buzzed and available to have a good conversation.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment