It's the first snow day of the year! Yay! I haven't really marked it with any tradition yet. I wanted to bake cookies, but I haven't started that process yet...everything is going really slow today. We're actually supposed to get snow today (we had ice yesterday) but now they are saying we are not getting as much snow as they say we are going to...so oh well. I was hoping for another day off.
I never thought I would be the owner of a dog that needed a sweater. Well guess what? This wussy, Maggie, needs a sweater. I can't afford to keep my house nice and toasty, so she just sits there and shakes. I know she's just faking it, but good lord. SO I'm going to go buy her a sweater and see how that works...maybe she'll be warmer then. Anything for the dog.
So I spent last night putting plastic up on my windows. I actually all but two done. I'm not really sure that it helped a whole lot, there is still a draft. But I think it helped a little. I probably should put heavy material up over them as well to help keep the draft up, but a girl can only afford so much. I still have a few things to do to help keep my house a little warmer and we'll see if those work at all. I can't believe I live in such a place....but here I am, with the draft, the spidercrickets, mice and who knows what else.
For those of you that read and know MJ, today is her bday - so happy birthday to her!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment